2015年3月11日星期三

Selfie Monopod Bluetooth Remote Shutter Suite for iPhone Samsung

   Since the dawn of time, the stick has been essential to human survival. Without it, our ancestors may not have been able to create fire, figure out writing or trudge their way toward new frontiers.
History books may soon be updated with the most recent (and possibly the greatest) chapter in the stick’s continuing relationship with humankind. That humble tool now enables us to lift our phones and cameras aloft, to take better photos of our surroundings...and ourselves.
I know what you are thinking. “If this narcissistic trend was meant to be, we’d have been born with really, really long arms!” I felt the same way when I first started noticing selfie sticks cropping up.
But using a selfie stick is a little like eating an oyster for the first time: Don’t knock it until you try it. There are some real advantages to having one. No, looking respectable isn’t one of them. But it does capture more stable video, and you can shoot wider angles of yourself and your whole family—without having to hand your phone over to a total stranger.
I figured if I’m going to join this absurd-looking trend, I should have the best one. Now, you’re probably thinking, “How complicated can a stick be?” Not all are created equal, not remotely. So to pick a winner, I’ve been accumulating countless selfies, and the disdainful gazes of countless strangers, as I put 14 sticks through their paces.
Cheap Stick
Fundamentally, selfie sticks are just poles with attachments at the end for your smartphone or small camera. They’re no more than hand-held tripods.
I highly recommend GoPro’s own $70 3-Way. It folds up into a fairly compact package that can easily be tossed in a backpack, it has two joints you can bend to nail a tricky shot, and the bottom pops off, so it can become a tripod.

I also liked PolarPro’s $100 PowerPole. It is the Tesla of selfie sticks, with a built-in battery that recharges phones and GoPros.

Still, my old standby the Quik Pod costs less, is lighter and can be retracted into a much smaller pole. And a GoPro mount is included in the box.

I’m going to give it to you straight, dear reader. No matter which one of these you go with, you’ll still look a bit ridiculous walking around with your phone attached to a stick. But the better the photos of you and your family get, perhaps the more comfortable you’ll be with the social cost.

Mark my words, I’ll be taking the Quik Pod on my next vacation. And every time I use it, I’ll be reminded of this epoch in human history where we, like our cave-dwelling ancestors, took up sticks to overcome our greatest Selfie Monopod Bluetooth


没有评论:

发表评论